[Northkeep] Winterkingdom!

Seneschal of Northkeep seneschal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Thu Oct 29 07:22:41 PDT 2015

Winterkingdom is scheduled for January 31st at the Creek County Fairgrounds
in Kellyville (the same place as last year).

Please offer your assistance to our autocrat (Ainar Magnusson) or our
co-autocrat (Mor inghean Ricart).  Last night at populace, Master Ainar
offered to mentor some inexperienced Barony members as we work towards this
grand event.  If you're interested in learning what it takes to autocrat an
event like Winterkingdom, please reach out and let Master Ainar know!

Their Excellencies have also graciously decided to allow me to be the
feast-ocrat for Winterkingdom.  I'm excited for this opportunity!  We will
be serving 150 people this year instead of the normal 100, but feast will
still be sold on a first-come-first-served basis.

We will be having a Loaner Garb drive at Winterkingdom this year.  If you
have some gently used (new is accepted as well) garb that is still wearable
- perhaps just not in your style, please consider donating it to the
Barony.  Please keep in mind that we are looking for pieces that (if they
were your style) you would still wear.  Our Hospitaller (Maurita) will have
a table setup where she will be accepting donations during the event.

There will also be a Largesse Derby at Winterkingdom this year.  It's a
Half-Dozen derby.  Artisans  are asked to create largesse in sets of 6.
Five pieces of each entered set will be donated to Their Excellencies.  One
of each of the sets will be put in the prize basket for the winner
(determined by populace vote).  If you have any questions about the
Largesse Derby, please reach out to our A&S Minister (Ysabeau).

As October draws to a close, let us gather friends and family close and get
ready for our holidays.  Then we can turn our eyes to Winterkingdom and let
Northkeep SHINE!

HL Adalia
Seneschal of Northkeep