[Northkeep] Largesse Derby!

amanda hall amanda.c.hall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:04:15 PDT 2015

And so it begins......

Remember last year, how I harped and harped on that Largesse Derby we had
at Winterkingdom? Well, I'm going to start reminding you about our second
one now! Because it was truly amazing and I think we can do just as much
(or more) this year!!

Here's my blurb: Entrants will make a half dozen of any one item- it can be
variations on an item- they don't all have to be identical. 6 bracelets, 6
necklaces, 6 needle cases, 6 period dolls, 6 hammered coins- I have even
seen really lovely spice kits donated! Anything that our amazing baron and
baroness can give out as largess is appropriate- so, probably nothing
perishable. At Winterkingdom, we will showcase these items and the populace
will cast a vote as to which is their favorite (typically with a bead or
something given with the site token.) We will tally the votes and the
winner will receive one item from each entry and the rest of the entries
are donated to the barony to use as largess. (Hint: you might want to set
it up as you would an A&S entry- people tend to gravitate toward stuff that
has a pretty display!) You don't need documentation other than just your
name and what the item is.

Last year, we had needle cases, viking hoods, hand carved spoons, and hand
printed decks of cards donated- just to name a few of the items. It was
really amazing. A bunch of these items went into Castellan Champion
baskets, so have been used. So let's donate even more to the barony this
year!