[Northkeep] Tokyo in Tulsa

Rick Drake ainarm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 19:04:38 PDT 2019

Greetings from your Con coordinator here in Northkeep.   Just need to send
out an update on TnT for this year.  I am not sure if any of you are
actually following the event, but there has been a massive amount of
changes this year.  One of the biggest is that they are moving out of the
Cox center in Tulsa and into a location in Broken Arrow.  Along with this
location they are renting two other facilities where they are going to be
putting the artists and other folks.
With this separation of facilities and with some other issues that have
been going on that I have been following, and after consulting with Their
Excellencies and the Seneschal it was determined that we are going to skip
this year at TnT.  While it has been a very good demo opportunity for us in
the past, I am not sure they are going to have demo areas, and with the
weird location issues I am also not sure that the foot traffic at a table
will be enough to justify the effort.   Also if they did have a demo area
it would be a 15 min walk from there to our table location.
it does not help that we have had no response on our application at this
time either.  There are to many variables and not enough positives at this
point for me to recommend for our people to put in the time and effort on
what may be a very frustrating adventure.  I do not plan on giving up on
TnT, but do recommend taking this year off and letting them see if they can
work out the bugs in their program.
If you want some fun reading at times, read the facebook page for the
event.  Almost daily filled with some new complaint.

Ainar