[Northkeep] Keigan's progress

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 15:28:05 PDT 2019

She's no pilgrim, but she does move around. Or gets moved around.

Keigan was moved from St Francis, a full-service hospital, to Post Acute Medical, a Long-Term Acute Care hospital, last week. Saturday she's being moved again, to a Skilled Nursing and Physical Therapy place I don't know anything about yet.
She walked for the first time Tuesday. Only 2 sets of 10 paces, with minutes of standing on her own in between and after. Yesterday was dialysis, so they only exercised her a little. Today they were going to press her harder, or more likely allow her to press further, and the new place is supposed to be ever-so-much-more-so.
I have real hope she will be home by our khural in November. She is determined to be, and her path toward a kidney transplant hasn't been canceled, just delayed until her current health issues are over. Which should be soon.
Thank you all again for your energy and support, and especially those who have visited her. Who'd I'd be happy to name if they weren't so damned humble.

Kevin