[Northkeep] Virtual A&S Class - Banner Painting

Seneschal of Northkeep seneschal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Thu May 28 11:32:51 PDT 2020

Monday, June 1st at 7pm on Zoom

Our A&S Class this month will be taught by Lord Matthew Mac Gille Fhaoláin
(mka Mattie Gilliland)

In this class we will be using modern materials to make heavy-duty,
weather-resistant painted banners!  Since the banners are painted, minimal
sewing will be required.  If you don’t have a tremendous amount of faith in
your painting skills, feel free to print off some stencils or pictures to
trace onto your banner.
If you want to follow along with the class, you will need the following
items:
-Fabric.  Preferably duck cloth or canvas, but anything fairly robust will
work.
-Sewing means. A sewing machine is great, hand stitching works too.
-Acrylic Paint.  Acrylic works great on its own, but I recommend mixing it
with textile medium.
-Brushes.  Anything works, I think Brown Taklon brushes are best.
-Clamps.  To hold the fabric taut while painting.  Heavy weights can work
in lieu of clamps.  If you have access to a silk banner frame, that works
even better.
-Clothing iron.  This is optional, but really improves the final result.
-Scissors.
-Pencil.
-Ruler or straight edge.

Join Zoom Meeting