[Northkeep] Fw: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 184, Issue 5

Joanna Morton joalin99 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:30:40 PDT 2021

Today's Topics:

   1.  Ansteorra at October Gulf Wars (Kingdom Seneschal)
   2. Re:  Glaslyn Covid Exposure (Kingdom Seneschal)

Noble Populace of Ansteorra,

There comes a time when we must stand firmly in front of great dangers and
protect our Kingdom and its people.  With the latest surge of Covid cases
in the US southeast, we cannot reasonably ask anyone to attend the upcoming
October Gulf Wars.  There are too many active cases, especially where Gulf
Wars is held, and medical facilities are stretched too thin as it is.  If
someone were to get injured during the War, they would not be able to get
proper medical attention due to the strain of the healthcare industry at
this time.

We love our Kingdom and the Dream we share.  However, we cannot ask you to
risk your wellbeing for a hobby, even one as important as the SCA is to
us.  Ansteorra will not have an official presence at this Gulf War in
October and no Royals from Ansteorra will attend.  We are also asking that
the War be cancelled altogether.

This does not impact the March Gulf Wars.  We are hopeful that it will be
safer in the spring and we will be able to enjoy all Gulf Wars has to offer
with everyone safely.

Please note, this decision was made PRIOR to the notice of exposure at the
Glaslyn Artisan event.  This is in no way related to that incident, but
rather a happenstance of timing.

Again, Ansteorra will not be participating in the October Gulf Wars.  We
ask that everyone stay safe and be chivalrous to each other.

--
In Service,
Jason & Margherita III, King & Queen of Ansteorra

------------------------------

UPDATE:

We have been in contact with the local health department and procedures are
being followed as laid out by local officials. At this time, the health
department is NOT concerned, but have asked us to update them if more
people test positive.

If you attended Glaslyn and test positive, please contact the Kingdom
Seneschal at kingdom at seneschal.ansteorra.org. Your information will NOT be
made public. Only communications will be made to the health department.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter. Please be safe and take
care of yourselves.

In Service,
Brian