[Northkeep] Fwd: Article on the founding of the SCA

Ed Haskell haskell.ed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:01:21 PDT 2021

In conversation with my daughter (SCA name Hannah the StoryTeller) I made
reference to someone I have known for 50 years, Dave Thewlis. She did not
remember having heard the name so I pointed out that he was founder of the
SCA.  She demurred, saying that honor belongs to  Marion Zimme Bradley. I
said Manion's claim to naming the organization is indisputable but that
occurred many months after the first activities.

Who knows where our historical discussions will go but I thought you might
find the link to an interview with Diana Paxson interesting.

Yours in service,

Edward de Lacy, Chancellor
Barony of Northkeep Exchequer