[Northkeep] This Week's Activities

Seneschal of Northkeep seneschal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Thu Jan 26 19:21:19 PST 2023

Good evening, amazing Barony of Northkeep!

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who showed up to fighter
practice at O'Brien Park on Tuesday night. Everyone seemed to enjoy the
space, as well as the potential it holds and the site staff was similarly
impressed with us. With any luck, this will turn out to be a fruitful and
mutually beneficial situation for everyone involved but of course only time
will tell.

Further, the big one now is wInterkingdom this Saturday. It's no surprise
that we're all a little rusty at this whole running an event deal after
such a long time not getting to, particularly wInterkingdom with its unique
eccentricities but I'm pretty pleased with how plans are falling into place
and I can't wait to back at what I feel is Vindheim's, if not Ansteorra's,
premier collegium event, in person with all of you and our out-of-Barony
friends!

Second, that being said, I'm going to remind everyone here and then ask
that you pass the word along as best you know how to anyone who you think
may not have heard:

** WE DO NOT HAVE THE SITE FOR SETUP ON FRIDAY **

There has been a policy shift with the Creek County Fairgrounds that we
were unable to try and work out in time for this weekend and as a result,
we will have to be on site terribly early on Saturday to set up ahead of
classes starting. A number of us will be on site bright and early at 6am
(AKA: "Six in the morning", "0600h", "the first 6:00", or "too dang early")
to begin unloading the trailer, setting up class walls, decorating the
hall, and in-general nesting.

I'm not going to ask anyone to be up that early, especially do to work, but
if you happen to feel self-compelled, are a early morning person, or just
happen to find yourself awake that early(late?), feel free to come down and
lend a hand. You know that old saying: "Many hands make light work!"

Besides, who knows? If we try hard enough, we might even be able to
convince that rapscallion Shaky Ali to make an appearance to deliver some
of his magic bean juice to make acclimating to the pre-dawn air just a
little easier.

Thanks so much, to all of you, for being awesome and making this Barony
work like it does. I can't wait to spend the weekend with everybody,
exploring all the secrets tucked away on the shelves at the Library of
Northkeep...

--
In service,
Centurion Alexandre Crane