[Northkeep] third shaker

Mark Whitney beorhtlic at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 13:32:53 PDT 2023

   Ours has garlic..........

   On May 1, 2023 2:52 PM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner
   <burgborrendohl at cox.net> wrote:

     Several suggestions I found were for mustard as the third shaker.  I
     think this is probably true because if you watch the following video
     the
     butler puts out a grinder for the salt, the pepper and a small
     cellar
     for mustard when setting a royal table.  So in some places they are
     still putting out a third spice/condiment.

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69HnmC6Iugw

     Ismet

     "Stranger still, Bryson reveals that there used to be/three/shakers
     at
     the dining table as recently as the 19th century. Historians have no
     idea what went inside the third shaker. Maybe powdered mustard?
     Whatever
     it was, it got demoted. (You thought the third wheel had it rough.)"