[Northkeep] Activity List November 5th- November 11th

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Fri Nov 3 19:41:22 PDT 2023

 Sunday, November 5th - NO Archery & Thrown Weapons Practice due to lack of
a missile marshal.

Monday, November 6th, Parasol Painting with Yzzy, starting at 5:30pm in the
Auditorium of Martin Regional Library (2601 S Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK 74129
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2601+S+Garnett+Rd,+Tulsa,+OK+74129?entry=gmail&source=g>).

*There is no charge to attend this meeting.*
*In the Auditorium*
>From the instructor, HL Yzabeau Brossier:
For our next A&S night, Monday November 6 5:30-8:30 at Martin Regional
Library, I'm going to be teaching how I paint parasols! (If you can't make
it at 5:30, feel free to join us later, you can definitely catch up!)
I'll have things to put on your parasol, but if you have something specific
you want on it, here's some stuff you might want to bring!
Printouts of:
Your personal heraldry.
A specific award insignia
Stuff you know you want to put on it.
A great place to find heraldic bits (and where I find 90% of mine) is
heraldicart.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fheraldicart.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3JSZH9kZ3mEruT7BylQdwilZXSNdvYmJNpXP8LF9cJIcBpj-fJ1DJc5UA&h=AT1xK5TR5vHRJ8lw0-6hSIURgKMZhyKwWMeQCdF2fIenpxC9DUJrk_JtadPHOyu2etXMSMeUMTVbloXzZmmmhQb1tcwuPpmmIpC-a-EkWN98Wfe1IH5th2KzBoQBkPbo_DS-_3spVW1Qftdn6obI&__tn__=q&c[0]=AT1NcRfZejPiS68G2fWVMH9P7xR4uI6djHjCLWySOVpSsTnwqZbcr4s2t6tn7iBxceVk88_2tOoXii0ZzOt_IFOdY9CZLv_ufRKEz51EXRZVo2a182bJcwA5cAEESuv0QFMvQAQ36B-EfBAtI4NdP8Z5JJ_W>
Also, if you have a specific color of paint you want to use, bring that!
I will walk through the whole process, but I'm going to guess we won't get
much past the first couple of steps.
I've got gesso, paint, pencils, rulers and all the STUFF to get your art on
your parasol.
NO, you don't have to be a great artist to have an awesome parasol. I do
not draw well except for clothing.
YES, if you are a great sketch artist, you can come and free hand your
parasol
No cost, but if you want to throw in a tip, I won't object (gotta keep
myself in paints and mechanical pencils!)
Note: This is NOT historically accurate IN ANY WAY. I use acrylic paint,
and it wasn't invented until the 30's. If there is interest, we can talk
about the kind of paint that would be HA, but that isn't in my current plan
I hope you are all as shocked and excited at how easy this is as I was!

Tuesday, November 7th.  INDOOR Joint Fighter Practice at a NEW LOCATION! (3005
S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74129).
*While there is no cost to attend this event, we suggest a donation of $2
to help cover the site fee*
This will be a joint practice for heavy armor and rapier
We will be in the former home of "Smash Something", at the end of the strip
mall past Same Day Computer Repair.
There is plenty of room for spectators and artisans, so come hang out! This
is a large, unfinished space, so if you plan to sit, bring a chair!
REMEMBER TO BRING BOTTLED WATER!!!
Please contact the appropriate marshal prior to practice if you need loaner
gear.
Armored Combat: marshal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Steel Combat/Fencing: rapier at northkeep.ansteorra.org.

À votre service,