[Northkeep] Activity List October 8th - October 14th

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Thu Oct 5 18:55:05 PDT 2023

 Sunday, October 8th, Northern Region Advanced Practice/Shield Wall (12538
South 305th East Avenue, Coweta, OK) starting at 12pm.
His Sanguine Highness Prince of Vindheim, has heard the call of Vindheim's
thirst for battle. He has offered his land and time to teach his men how to
fight in the shield wall!!!
The next Northern Region Advanced Practice will be hosted in the Barony of
Northkeep on HSH Skeggi's property. During this practice, we will take an
all encompassing look at how how the shield wall works. We will look at
each of the elements in the shield wall, what their roles are, tactics, and
training. We have looked at all of these pieces individually. Now, we will
see how they play a part in the greater machine. Please bring your swords
and warboards, 7 1/2 ft glaives, and your 9 ft spears. You can also bring
any other toys you would like to play with but as these are the most
optimal, this is what the practice will be built around. If you are new and
don't have any of these things or something like gauntlets you should still
come. We always have plenty of extras and we can share. If you are a Knight
or Centurion I hope to see you there, so we can get a more experienced
perspective.
There are two restrooms onsite. We will try to have food and drinks onsite.
Skeggi will have a grill so if you would like to bring your own food to
grill or drinks please feel free.

Monday, October 9th, History of the First Bulgarian Empire, starting at 7pm
in the Auditorium of Martin Regional Library (2601 S Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK
74129
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2601+S+Garnett+Rd,+Tulsa,+OK+74129?entry=gmail&source=g>
).  This class will be a quick review of the history of the First Bulgarian
Empire from its foundation in 681 until 1018. This meeting is free and open
to the public.

Tuesday, October 10th.  OUTDOOR Joint Fighter Practice  at Whiteside Park
(4009 S Pittsburg Ave, Tulsa, OK 74135). We will be meeting near the Tennis
court at Whiteside Park starting at 6pm.
REMEMBER TO BRING BOTTLED WATER!!!
Please contact the appropriate marshal prior to practice if you need loaner
gear.
Armored Combat: marshal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Steel Combat/Fencing: rapier at northkeep.anstoerra.org.
There is plenty of room for spectators and artisans, so come hang out!

À votre service,
Jehanne de Montauban
Baroness of Northkeep
(she/her)