[Northkeep] Personas: Sharing knowledge with Newcomers

Darin Herndon st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 18:21:19 PDT 2024

Many years ago, we had a Saturday where we did a persona workshop.  We spent part of the day teaching about personas (class in modern clothing) and then we left and ate supper and all came back in garb and in persona and spent the evening having a revel in our personas.

That was one of my fonder memories.  Might be overkill here.  But it is another format idea.

Elizabetta has a persona class (already noted).  Thomas can teach names and arms.  I have a class on developing persona story based around an example.  I also have a class that takes the participants’ chosen cultures and time periods and discusses the state of the church when they would have been alive (in their period).  There is probably someone who can teach how to research clothing period for your persona.

Again, may be overkill.  But there are good options and I am quite happy to see you working on making something happen for this.

Respectfully,

Maitré Etienne de St. Amaranth, OP
Verger Herald Extraordinaire