TENT - tudor tents.

Steve Nolan Snolan at tex-is.net
Sun Dec 12 05:41:57 PST 1999

I am building a Tudor tent like that in the one in the picture Field of the Cloth of Gold. Only I am making mine in Purple and Gold. I have decided to have the roof all one piece so that way it would not leak. Thinking I am going to make the rounds with the wayon wheel design not to sure about that. I would like to make it as period as possible. However I am going to use TRI-pac material to stay dry in our rainy conditions. I have babys and really need to think of them. Plus tri pac holds color long and is alot stuffer then canvas.
After looking at many other pictures of the era of King Henry VIII I believe that the tents all tied together. Would really like to talk to people some who are in England who could get more resources. In a of pictures you can see the same tents in pictures of later time or rather ones that looks like it as singles not as the whole tudor tent. I have been working on the designs and how they would have constructed it themselves and I do have a working plan on how it would have been constructed. But decided to do my own thing. Thinking of gulf wars last year wet and rainy plus we are in the south. Does anyone have resources in England who may have knowledge about tudor tents or can go the libraries or something and get me more pictures to study. Marguerite
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents
www.spinningwinds.com
Marguerite at tex-is.net