PE - seeking a yurt goddess

SUNJAN sunjan at prismnet.bc.ca
Tue Aug 22 13:30:47 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Schuster, Robert L. <SchusterRL at health.missouri.edu>
To: <periodencampments at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 12:57 PM
Subject: RE: PE - seeking a yurt goddess

> actually many people suggested you as a source on yurt building
> instructions, I'm interested
> in your kits though now that you mention it, do you do some of the work for
> a price and then let others finish what they cant afford?
>
> curious as heck,
>
 > thanks
 > Halvgrim

Missouri? Doesn't that put you close to Master Todric in Ohio? Or is my B.C., CANADA geography needing an overhaul? Have you been to Pennsic?

Am attaching Standard Price List, has not been updated to include the 16' yet. I haven't yet had to ship one out of An Tir, so no idea how that would work - but let's start with the basics, first, and work up to the tough questions. And there are no 'stupid questions'........

Sunjan's Yurt Price List

Frame Kit
All pieces needed to assemble a finished frame.
Lattice pieces: cut, sanded, holes drilled; ready for your paint or stain.
Door frame: beams assembled, finish sanded, holes drilled for bolts. Upright posts finish sanded, holes drilled for bolts; all ready for your paint or stain. Bolts included.
Roof poles: finish sanded, holes drilled for string loops, pin inserted in end ; ready for your paint or stain.
-Leather lace: enough included to tie frame together.
-Fabric layout, cutting and sewing pattern (NO fabric is included, you supply your own to save money). Any competent tent and awning place can sew the cover for you, but get an estimate on how long they think it will take. At $45 an hour, six hours of labor JUST to do the roof cone can eat into your final cost! I sew my own on a standard sewing machine.

12' Yurt Frame Kit - $250 U.S. dollars
18' Yurt Frame Kit - $450 U.S. dollars
*************************************

Half Yurt Kit
A fully assembled yurt frame, no fabric cover. You specify the color of paint or stain, and it is assembled for you. Add your cover fabric and go!

- Includes fabric layout, cutting and sewing pattern (NO fabric is included, you supply your own to save money). Any competent tent and awning place can sew the cover for you, but get an estimate on how long they think it will take. At $45 an hour, six hours of labor JUST to do the roof cone can eat into your final cost!

12' Yurt Half Kit - $450 U.S. dollars
18' Yurt Half Kit - $700 U.S. dollars
*************************************

Full Yurt
A fully assembled yurt frame, WITH fabric cover. You specify the color of paint or stain, and the cover material and color, and the yurt is completely finished before you get it.

**Due to varying costs of fabric choices, the price is the same as for the Half Kit PLUS the cost of the fabric and the sewing time. Enquire as to what fabrics are available and their prices - I may have found a good supplier of fabric in Quebec.
Due to the fabric being ordered before work on the rest of the yurt begins, a deposit equal to the Half Yurt Kit price of the same size yurt is required in advance. This is the only yurt option that requires a deposit, the Frame Kit and the Half Yurt Kit are payable on pick-up or delivery.

***Pre-payment is required if I have to ship the yurt instead of giving it to you personally. I am NOT set up to take Credit Cards, or American checks (my bank HATES the checks). Prefer cash or Money Orders..............

See finished 12' and 18' yurts, if older ones, at Mira Silverlock's fabulous website: Medieval Pavilion Resources.
http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/yurtsgers.htm
The one at the very bottom (black) is an 18' yurt, the one a little further up that belongs to Duchess Lao is a 12' yurt. Note that the door frame on the 12' yurt is no longer this wide, it is only 39" now (x 48" in height).

Thanks for asking, keep 'em coming........
Sunjan,
Assimilation Laurel...........
and NOW: yurt goddess :-)