Fwd: TENT - Re: new to tent making

joesilas@writeme.com joesilas at writeme.com
Fri Jan 14 18:19:31 PST 2000

Thank you all for your input.

> Corun  wrote:
> Snip...
>
> I had the good fortune to talk with Master Dafydd
> when he and I were assisting Stephen Bloch on the
> Pennsic tent tour this year,

Darn! I was at Pennsic this year (my first in 5 years) and I missed it....Duh!~

Mira Wrote...
Snip...
> I wonder if the manufacturer of the first duplicate
> he saw was Past Tents, one of the main UK historic
> tent makers.  Their site at http://www.past-
> tents.demon.co.uk/home.htm shows the same
> wagon-wheel type arrangement.

That is the exact same picture I was refering to in my earlier post.  I don't know how period it is, but dern it's pretty 8o)

Mira Continues...
>I've written them to find out the origin of their
> design.

Please share any information you come up with 8o)

Yours in gratitude,

Andri