TENT - Re: roll call

Corun MacAnndra corun at clark.net
Wed Jan 26 06:00:14 PST 2000

Timorra wrote:

>Artemesia is the lower half of Idaho and parts of Utah, Colo and Montana
>where I am at is Boise Idaho.
>
>I think it would help for those who arent familiar to put a place..grin

Good idea. So to redo my previous entry with a tad more information;

Baron Corun MacAnndra
Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia

Atlantia encompasses Maryland, Virginia, North and South Carolina and parts
of Georgia. Ponte Alto is that part of Virginia known as Northern Virginia
(Fairfax County, Arlington and Alexandria), being in the immediate
Washington, DC area.

So now we know where many of hail from, what kinds of tents are you all
making?

I'v been researching and making yurts (gers in Mongolian) since around
1987. My first yurt came to Pennsic XVIII. It was fifteen feet in diameter,
about nine feet high and packed up on a Honda Accord hatchback. You gotta
love nomadic dwellings. ;-)

That yurt has undergone some modifications in its lifetime and is now 20'
in diameter. I have also built or helped to build several other yurts and
passed along my plans to others both in and out of Atlantia. I have taught
classes in yurt construction at the University Atlantiae as well as one
class on felt rug making in two styles used by the nomads of Eurasia.

My next yurt project will be to recreate the type of yurt that was put onto
a cart or wagon. The idea is to pull a trailer into Pennsic one day and
essentially have a pop-up yurt.

In service,
Corun