TENT - Camping Furniture

Stephen Wyley stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Thu Jan 27 12:38:27 PST 2000

Hi Rhieinwylydd,

For a Viking Bed I recommend;

http://www.dnaco.net/~arundel/bedplan.html
With a good example of a 16th century bed, the bed cloths are shown
in quite some detail.

For other Viking Furniture I have some sites worth visiting;

How to make Viking Stool
http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/Viking/vikstool.html

How to make a Viking Table
http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/Viking/viktable.html

A Replica Viking Chest, based on the Mastermyr Find
http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/Viking/vikchest.html

The Voxtorp Church Chest (1200 A.D.), Plans and Pictures of Replica
http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/craft/voxtorp.html

And of course there are all the furniture stuff on Tanya Guptill's
site, http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/furniture.htm

Also try; http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics/wood.htm

BTW, I have threaten Tanya with another web page list all the tent ms
which show encampment equipment.

See the "Battle of Cassel" at
http://www.bnf.fr/enluminures/manuscrits/aman1/i3_0008.htm for
tressel tables.

And "Das Mittelateriche Hausbuch" at
http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/wagon.htm for cooking pot, tables
and stools (and gaming right hand side).

And not to forget Erhard Schoen's "Siege of Betulia" (1533 A.D.) at
http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/german.htm for chest, tables and
beds

Good luck.

> Oh good heavens, yes by all means...expand!! I, for one am rather tired of
> sleeping on the ground on a foam mat...plus I need chests and stuff for more
> storage...and a trailer to haul it all in. I suppose this is why the Scadian
> concept of camping involves a U-haul :-)
>
> Rhieinwylydd

Bye for now,

Stephen Francis Wyley
stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Technical Officer
(Plant Tissue Culture, Chemistry and Soil Science)
Conservation and Applied Science Department, NMIT

For "Historical" and "How to" articles by me see;

http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/index.html

or for Arrows made to order;

http://svenskildbiter.webjump.com/order.html