PE - [Fwd: Ger-Makers Mailing List is up!]

Garthman42@aol.com Garthman42 at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 19:27:38 PST 2000

Greetings Cerridwen,
I have just started my first tent and it takes some looking around to find
some good suppliers.  I found a company called ITEX out of Aurora Colorado.
They have been very helpful and quite speedy about delivery.  They sent me
samples once I expressed a strong interest, and sounded like I knew what was
going on.  I think they only service businesses, or at least thats what they
prefer.  So when they asked who I was with, I lied (a little) and said that I
was with Johnston Tent Works.  Technically, since I am Johnston and I am
working on a tent....you can see where this is going, but I would recommend
you just say that you are a small time tent maker.  I bought a small roll of
single filled Army Cotton Duck Canvas at 10 ounce.  The first roll was about
$2.50 per yard and it was preshrunk with the water/mildew resistant finish,
and that is what I am playing with until I feel like I am good enough to
start into my good material.  Just so you know, these guys only sell by the
roll so you can ask what size rolls they have, but you will only be able to
buy the entire thing.  I ordered 100 yards of 60" Sunforger 10 ounce Canvas,
and I got exactly 100 yards, but for my first roll I only wanted something to
play with so I asked what he had available and he read off the list.  Very
helpful guys.  Sorry about the long winded answer, but I hope it helps.  Good
luck with your project.

Yours in Service,
Gabriel Johnstone