PE - [Fwd: Ger-Makers Mailing List is up!]

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Wed Mar 22 06:47:21 PST 2000

Greeting from Lady Margeurite des Fleur,
List master,

I would like to welcome all those who have just joined the list lately. I am sorry not to have welcomed you sooner. It was war time you know.
   I have a request of the list. I have talk to many friends of mine who are part of many different orders, and asked them what could we do to get period encampments
together and started at every regular event. I seems that we have a hard time getting people together in this Kingdom and others, for encampments. So if we all start even
with one tent at an event. If you see someone setting up and they have a period tent. Ask them if they would like to camp with your group and get as many tents together.
It's a great way to meet new friends and at the same time you are starting something good for the the Kingdom's you are in. I know some of you have a households with your
own encampment. But please ask others to join you. I have found that the more in your encampment adds to the fun times. So I ask all those wanting encampments in your
Kingdoms and my good populace of Ansteorra to make it a point. When you camp make your site area around you as period looking as possible. Ask others who you know is going
to the same event and has a period tent; if they would set up their tent with yours. Ask if they are part of an encampers group. Place all of the non period tents behind
the period ones. However I do not believe in telling them that they cannot camp with you, after all this is a game and not there to hurt others because we have something
they may not be able to afford. Just hide them so they cannot be seen from the road side. If we have small encampments at every event then it will grow like wild fire. Also
after a while the ones in mundane tents will want a period tent. When they see how nice it was. Also tell them about this list for information about tents and period
encampments. We made it back from the war in one piece we had a great time. Met many new friends from other kingdoms.

But glad to back in Ansteorra!
Lady Marguerite
-- Thank you for your time!
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com