PE - Re: My new tent... details

Nessa Giddings nessaofthelox at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 09:36:44 PDT 2000

--- Corun MacAnndra <corun at clark.net> wrote:

> Very nice indeed. Is the roof attached to the walls?
> Or are they separate
> pieces with the roof put up first and the walls tied
> on later? My Lady and
> I are going to build a pavalino, but the ones that
> get built out here (by
> Master Dafydd and Master Terafan) are all sewn into
> a single unit. I ask
> because the way the roof falls on yours (at least in
> the pictures) it looks
> like there's a loose overlap of the roof onto the
> walls.
>
> Thank you,
> Corun

Mine is sewn all together, I couldn't think of a way
to have the walls detachable and still keep the
integrity of the structure. This design is dependant
on the walls not moving as they are what holds the
tent stable. I just made the valance all one piece
because I think it looks better. I cut the pieces to
the same shape as the top of the walls, with an inch
extra at the bottom edge. The whole pattern was
originally taken from Master Dafydd's page, I just
changed a few things to make it my own. In his pattern
the valance is all of a piece with the roof triangles.
I had to make them separate to conserve fabric and to
make them sew together. Thank you for asking, I am
glad you like it!
Nessa