PE - off the sudject

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Thu Nov 2 08:09:04 PST 2000

Thank you,
Have always wanted to have one. I love animals and I spoil them. Have been know to save birds.
When we lived in kansas there a pond that I would feed the Canadian Geese that would nest there in the winter. One was hurt. It wouldn't move and it wouldn't eat. My
husband couldn't get close to it at all. But it let me walk up and pet it. I look under the wings and the breast was hurt. Feathers was missing and the leg was swollen. I
picked up a blanket in the van and wrapped the bird to protect its wings. It just let me pick it up to my surprise. I got into the van holding with this great and huge bird
in my lap. I got to my vets and my husband ran in and asked if they treated wild birds. Thank goodness that the vet did. Otherwise I would have to drive around town looking
for one and we live 30 miles from the city.  He told my husband to been the cage in and he will take it to the back. My husband laughed and told him that the bird was on my
lap. The vet thought that it was half dead to hear that a woman was holding a wild bird on her lap and it wasn't biting me. I carried it in and the vet was stocked that it
was in good health and I was holding it in my arms.
Come to find out it was hit by a car and the leg was out of socket and it had a couple of broken ribs.
It wouldn't let anyone get near it. I visited it everyday and when it was able to leave the vets. I then took it to a lady who had a refuge for hurt wild animals. It was
there for a while and then set free. To these day I still feel honored that I was able to care for this bird. Sounds corny but it let me care for it. I have been able to
watch bald eagles in the wild and respect there strength. But I like only to wild ones who still have spirit. My friends back home where mostly native Americans and so are
my children. So my believes to these birds is great. We are about to move to the county. So thank you about letting me know about the laws of where they can and cannot
live. I will check with the forestry in my area and the areas we are thinking about moving to. Plus I will check out the web sites you gave me. Thank you for your help.
Marguerite

Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents www.spinningwinds.com
Kingdom of Ansteorra's Tent Guild  tentguild at ansteorra.org
Lady Marguerite des Fleur,