PE - new to list

'bella bella3 at 1st.net
Sun Oct 1 07:34:00 PDT 2000

another 'carpet' are the cotton one's you can get at wallmart... mmm, they look
like a blanket..cost around 8-10 dollars... the pattern is reminiscent of
american indian patterns..  IF you watch the thrift stores, you can pick them up
in the 2-3 dollar range...they are washable...

One piece of advice that is worth knowing...  when you camp, stop by a home
depot or lowe's type store.. go to the paint section and get a roll of painters
plastic, 4 mil.  It runs around 5-8 dollars..  worth every penny you will
spend.  If you have a mundane tent, put it down before you put the tent down...
the bottom will stay clean, a close freind does not cut his roll, he uses a
10x10 dome tent, just flips the plastic back over his tent and it stays dry.
In my period pavilion,  I put the plastic down _before_ I put my rugs down.
Keeps the rugs dry, and insulates.  another trick you can do, that has its good
and bad points... is to take the edges of the plastic and cup them up to keep
water from running in... HOWEVER the bad point is that if you have a leak, OR,
as in my case, you get a torrential downpour that dropped 4 inches in 6 hrs, you
may have a swimming pool... that is your choice, the cupping method usualy works
well
for normal rain, if your pavilion is waterproof.

Anne / 'bella