PE - Bedding types

panderse@unlnotes.unl.edu panderse at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Oct 2 07:31:01 PDT 2000

At a really cold event just last week here in Nebraska my sister and I were
using air mattresses.  She did complain of the cold coming through the air
mattress the first night  but I didn't notice it.  The only difference was
that I had my 'white felt' mattress pad and she didn't.  I suggested she
move one of her wool blankets under the bottom sheet for the  second night
and that helped the situation.  She piled her mantle on top to take the
blanket's place that night.

Lady Etienette l'Bluet
BMM, Calontir

                    firehorse
                    <firehorse at swbell.net>             To:
                    Sent by:                           periodencampments at ansteorra.org
                    owner-periodencampments at ans        cc:
                    teorra.org                         Subject:     PE - Bedding types

                    10/01/2000 06:13 PM
                    Please respond to
                    periodencampments

This weekend I was reminded of a lesson I learned, and forgot, long ago.
If the
weather is chilly, sleeping on an air mattress is silly.  These suckers get
COLD.
So, if you don't have an off the floor bed, what do you use to sleep on?
It should
be comfy and not disintegrate if your tent floods.  If you have a camp bed
(not the
rope kind but one with slats) what do you use for a mattress that doesn't
take on
the outside temperature and doesn't work it's way through the cracks?
Lady Edith