PE - Ropes or not to rope!

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Tue Oct 3 05:56:03 PDT 2000

Well it seems that this was a issue about ropes and not ropes that has come up on the list before. Being a regional Chirurgeon I think about peoples safety. I do not like
tents with out ropes and just staked to ground. I do not promote this in any tent maker. We need to think safety. I know some people that have had a lot of happiness in a
no rope tent. I have also heard a lot of people telling that there tent fell over due to the ground being over soaked and the stakes didn't stay due to high winds. The
spoke wheel design is not yet proven to be documentable. If any one has documentation please let us know where it is we have been trying to get real documentation for a
long time but you have to see the actual frame. They look great they are very nice looking but they are not period.
The reason I say this is because I don't want people to get hurt. there is a lot of new people on the list and they need to know the differences. If you make a spoke wheel
tent please they are top heavy and they can come down. You cannot stop a heavy canvas tent weighting about three or four hundred pounds wet! From falling and you do not
know who it will fall into. So please make sure it is roped down. Remember we camp with a lot of great people in our lands and I don't think you want anyone to get hurt so
please be safe.
Marguerite
Off of my soap box now. Thank you for reading.