PE - Spoked wheel design .... round or sectional

Mira (Tanya Guptill) tguptill at teleport.com
Sat Oct 7 22:01:43 PDT 2000

Cariadoc wrote:

> Has anyone tried to make a hub and spoke tent intended to look like
> the smoothly rounded pictures? I would think it would be pretty easy
> to make a hoop with thin planks of wood, bent either with or without
> steaming, and run it through a sleeve in the top of the tent wall.

Andy Goddard has a page detailing his construction a 13th Century pavilion with
hoop made from bent, joined pieces at
http://www.bumply.com/Medieval/Pavilion/woodwork.htm and
http://www.bumply.com/Medieval/Pavilion/index.htm .  I am not familiar with
anyone making a recreation using both hoop and spokes.

Mira