PE - Re: period encampment at three kings

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 31 22:48:10 PST 2000

At 11:32 AM -0600 10/31/00, Cherie Nolan wrote:
>  >
>>                             Oyeah! oyeah!
>>
>>  We will be having a period encampment at Three Kings. This will be
>>a great way for the period campers of our Kingdom to get together,
>>and to promote period encampments throughout our kingdom.
>  > There will be a Pennsic chili feed Saturday night,

Am I the only one who sees something incongruous about a chili feed
at a period encampment? At the least it seems to illustrate the
difference between "period encampment" meaning a place with period
tents and tables and "period encampment" meaning a place where you
try to maintain the illusion of being somewhere/somewhen in period.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/