PE - Does anyone sell a pavillion like Duke Cariadocs Conjecturally Period Pavilion?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 5 11:38:17 PST 2001

At 4:25 PM -0500 1/3/01, Thumpa wrote:
>Does anyone sell a pavillion like Duke Cariadocs Conjecturally Period
>Pavilion?
>
>After haveing little success makeing a tent I have decided to buy one.  How
>do you avoid buying a lemon?  Does anyone sell a pavillion like Duke
>Cariadocs Conjecturally Period Pavilion?  Who would you all suggest buying
>from?

I'm not sure which of mine you are thinking of. If it is the single
centerpole pavilion in editions of the Miscellany prior to the
current edition, I would advise against it, since I think I now have
a better design--one that I owe to Daffyd (David Kuijit). You can see
it in the current edition of the Miscellany, which is on my web page
in pdf format (an older edition is webbed by someone else with my
permission in HTML). If it is the Geteld--the 9th century pup
tent--in the Miscellany, you might rethink making it, since it's easy.

Of the two designs in the current Miscellany, the Geteld is easier to
make, but less space efficient. Both are easy to put up--less than
half an hour by myself. I don't know of anyone selling either, I'm
afraid.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/