[Periodencampments] What are you doing?

John LaTorre jlatorre at midtown.net
Sat Sep 21 10:52:09 PDT 2002

mills_14008 at msn.com wrote:

> What are you all doing to make your camps more period looking. Particularly, how do you hide the purely mundane.?

Where possible, I keep it behind a curtain inside the tent. If that's not
possible, I keep it inside the tent, or failing that, covered up with a
period-looking cloth.

When we have a large encampment and space allows, we try to have one tent
set up purely to put the mundane stuff in. (Since mundane stuff includes
ice chests and camp stoves, that tent usually ends up doubling as the food
storage and kitchen area.)

--

John LaTorre (Johann von Drachenfels)

"Always do right. It will gratify some people & astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain