[Periodencampments] Re[4]: talk thread about her tablets

Garthman42@aol.com Garthman42 at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 09:38:54 PST 2005

Chass of Rundel,
First I would like to thank you for starting a discussion on this long silent
message board.

As both a fellow tent maker and a Soldier in the US Army, I can give you just
a couple of tips on the subject of stove pipe holes in tents.  Tent fires
begin when the rain flap on your stove pipe hole is not tied back and you light
the stove.  I know this from experience because I had a small fire just last
month when some of my Soldiers forgot to tie the flap back out of the way and
the flap touched the hot stove pipe and caught fire.  The flap was 12' above the
stove but the pipe was so hot it still lit the flap on fire.  Please use
great caution.

I have found you a link to Panther Primitives where you can buy a ready made
stove pipe insert.  They are $35.00 and are made of material that is heat
resistant up to 1000 degrees.  The link follows:
http://pantherprimitives.com/pdf/63.pdf

Best of luck on your project.

Yours in Service,
Gabriel