RF - Checking My Reality...

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:18:25 PDT 1999

Honestly Ragan is right about somethings...

He is an excellent artist...I did commission a Carved Pin from
him and I did forget to bring it to display at the event he
asked me to. I also did ask him to do another for a friend of
mine that I will see at Pennsic...I have also shown and worn
that pin alot...showed it to laurels even...and more than
one crown...

And there are people who feel that "Those in control" play
favorites...and in some respect they do...they only can see
just so many acts of service and pieces of art...they
are human and not omnipotent nor omniscient. This is one
of the reasons the topic of award recommendations comes up
one or several months before populace...
And please send a copy of what you send the crown to the
B&B or to the Seneschal...they do the best they can to keep
track of people so that they can award all the people they
can with what awards they can...

You have no idea how hard it is to come up with names and deeds
to recommend people...and to be able to justify it to criteria...one of the
my requirements of is consistancy in service
or an art...it is hard to notice that consistancy when I myself
am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off...
I try...and I know I've overlooked people but...and so I push
others to recommend people so that maybe those that have fallen
through the cracks will get the recognition they have earned.

And I admit that I have on occaision been a raving screaming bitch...
I am also on a first name basis with my psychosis and neurosis.
And have been extreemely burnt and bitter about not
getting an award for several years when I did massive
amounts of research and work and taught classes...
So I do know how Ragan feels...
Especially when I was told that the group I was in all petitioned
the Crown and the Crown turned it down because I didn't dress
well enough...

I do hope that those that are dissatisfied with the "status quo"
do speak themselves now that Ragan will no longer speak for them...
and that they will help us grow and fix what ails us...the Barony will never
be perfect and neither will the people in it...
But there is always room for improvement...

Lorraine