RF - Top 10 Differences in the Middle Ages if Microsoft Had Existed Then

D. R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 31 06:36:11 PST 1999

Okay, I'm not much on top 10's, but this one is at least (sorta)
relevant to what medieval recreationists do in their spare time....

dsd

Top 10 Differences in the Middle Ages if Microsoft Had Existed Then

10> Chastity belts require a password rather than a key.

 9> Last year's pitchfork not compatible with this year's hay.

 8> The "Good Plague" hoax.

 7> Horses routinely stop in mid-stride, and require a boot to
    the rear to start again.

 6> The Microsoft Rack would work, but it would be 3 times
    larger than it should be and never completely kill anyone.

 5> Lord Gates claims he has no memory of any memo describing
    his intention to "wipeth my arse with the Magna Carta."

 4> Use of a large, clumsy broadsword instead of yet-to-be-
    invented scissors helps explain Lord Bill's haircut.

 3> Archbishop of Canterbury gets hit in the face with a pie.

 2> Stained Glass Windows MCCCXXXV actually not released
    until Spring of MCCCXXXVI.

      and The Number 1 Difference in the
      Middle Ages if Microsoft Had Existed Then...

 1> The Y1K bug threatens to cripple high-tech industries,
    like stonemasonry and weaving.