RF - Populace Meeting Minutes

niklas at wt.net niklas at wt.net
Wed Nov 10 06:50:16 PST 1999

Greetings to the Populace of Raven's Fort

Below are the minutes for the recent populace meeting. These are for the
information of the populace.  This message is long. I will be posting
minutes from meetings for those that are not able, due to mundane reasons,
attend the meetings.

However........

These minutes are not substitutes for attendance, if possible, at the
meetings.

It is at the populace meetings and officers meetings and through the
participation of the officers and populace at these meetings and with the
barony at gatherings such as events, that we are able to have fine
activities and sites like Defender and the Stones.

I want to encourage ALL members of the Barony of Ravens Fort to try to
attend the populace meetings held the first Thursday of each month in the
Lowman Student Center at the SHSU campus. The exact room number, I can never
remember it. But, we are listed on the schedule screen.

If there are corrections and/or additions, please send them to me privately
by email so I may add/correct the document and re-release in the future. See
disclaimer at end.

Minutes from Populace of the Barony of Raven’s Fort meeting Nov 4, 1999

Meeting held in the Lowman Student Center on the campus of SHSU in
Huntsville, Texas, begun at 7:10pm.

Opened by HE Gwyland, stunt herald.

Seneschal, Ld. Niklas gave opening remarks. Asked for and introduced
visitors. There were 3. All were previous members that have participated in
the SCA in the past and had returned.

Remarks from TE David and Chrystal, B&B of Ravens Fort.

Business of the Barony:

Blue Card drawing. All present that had SCA blue cards placed in sack and
drew one that received a prize. Must be member of SCA to participate. Twin
Cedars won prize.

Event reports:

TRF: HL Brian gave report on attendance and procedures for obtaining passes
into TRF. Encouraged all to attend and bring A&S and fight if possible. Had
more reservations for Ravens Fort weekend than any other.

Black White & Sorta Gray: Marius reported that plans progressing well. Still
looking for wagon and horse for rides around site. Discussed logistics of
event and gate. Event set for Feb 25-27, 2000 at the Stones.

Spring event: Still looking for theme, stewards for event. Clan Caley (sp)
may be bidding. There was discussion of fighting and theme. A&S is prime
focus, but can have fighting events. Date submitted for on last weekend of
April 28-30, 2000.

Southern Region Festival: Ravens Fort will be handling site logistics only.
We will get $1.00 per head for site fee use. Will need at least 8 porta pots
and pumping. Need to check price of pumping. Set for March 31, April 1-2,
2000 at the Stones.

Bryn Gwlad Baronial: Attendance was good from Ravens Fort. Baronial pavilion
used by Crown quite a bit.

Fall Melees (Bordermarch): Coming soon. Several going. Set for Nov 19-21,
1999.

Coronation: Set to be held in Ennis, Texas. Interest expressed in getting a
large group to go. Set for Jan. 14-16.

Old Business:

Local A&S award criteria and names ideas. Looking for submissions of the
criteria for awarding and name of award. Send submissions to Seneschal and
B&B.

New business:

Notice of accepting applications for Baronial Quartermaster
Notice from Lady Allyson, A&S Minister of her stepping down to become
Kingdom Chirurgeon.
Looking for applications for Baronial Chirurgeon.
Notice of Ld. Jeremy, stepping down as Baronial Knights Marshal.
Notice of  opening in Archery Marshall office.
Presented prize of a pot to Cedric for his A&S cord wrapping of a rapier
handle that was entered at BG A&S. He was honored with an honorable mention
for the most original project. All reminded that one can send A&S entries by
proxy to events. Contact Ldy Kezia or Ldy Allyson.
Reminded officers of the dinner meeting last Monday of each month at Ld.
Niklas house. 7pm

Officer Reports:

Most officers had already covered their reports.
Chronicler reported needing articles and art work. Special A&S edition
coming soon.

Items for the good of the Barony:

Solar at Ldy Jacinths house in Conroe. See Quoth for directions and date.
Several regional jobs open. Southern Regional Chronicler and Chirurgeons.

Adjourned at 8:44pm with dinner at Tejas.

Corrections and additions to these minutes are VERY WELCOME.
I could not write down everything that went on and run the meeting.
I would like to have a volunteer that would take notes & minutes during
meetings. Sorta a baronial secretary.

Submitted in Service to the Barony

Ld. Niklas Vasilevich, Seneschal

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW                             Ld. Niklas Vasilievich
Huntsville, Texas 77320                         Southern Regional Treasurer
409-291-9532 (home)                             Seneschal of The Barony
281-536-5239 (work)                              Barony of Ravensfort
PrimeCo PCS, Inc, Houston MTA           Kingdom of Ansteorra
              "No, the Pink Guy has still not found his phone"

P.R. does not stand for Public Relations, it means Perceived Reality