RF - Event news

niklas at wt.net niklas at wt.net
Tue Sep 14 07:34:19 PDT 1999

Greetings......

The work day Sunday went pretty well.

The tent we put up Saturday is still standing and has sagged only a bit due
to stretch of the ropes.

We got the changing room moved, the barriers moved, T-posts set, trash
cleaned up, and more stuff painted (we were using the Navy motto of
painting...right DsD!....If it doesn't move paint it).

Now comes the take-off.....

There will be officers at HE Chrystals house Wed in conjunction with the
Historian meeting. This is the final meeting before the event.

As it stands now, we will need a number of folks Friday to....

1.    Put up tents, the new and the white pavilions.
2.    Put up the list ropes and barrier tapes.
3.    Put up the Gate Tent or pavilion...(which one we use will be
determined by the number of tent side pole we have available.
4.    Set signs and porta pots.
5.    Open gate at 4pm.
6.    Anything else I have forgotten!

Several folks (Ice and Denni and others) are mowing the list field and
setting out water this week.

Keif is mowing the site and spraying for ants.   Keif, if you need help let
me know. Also, if you are going south to keep ropes et.al. let me know, I
might can meet you there. Call me on my PCS phone.

It is getting close and we are doing ok so far. Lets keep up the momentum
and carry it strait thru to the event.

I have had emails from anumber of folks that are brining "groups: of people.
I am hoping for 400+ attendance.

If anyone see's anything I have forgotten.....PLEASE Let me know...... My
hair is on fire right now.

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW                                Ld. Niklas Vasilievich
Huntsville, Texas 77340                            Southern Region Treasurer
281-536-5239                                           Barony of Ravensfort
PrimeCo PCS, Inc, Houston MTA              Kingdom of Ansteorra
              "No, the Pink Guy has still not found his phone"

P.R. does not stand for Public Relations, it means Perceived Reality