RF - Memories of Defender of the Fort

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 19:57:04 PDT 1999

What did everyone think of our event that
had 430 plus people???

Here are some of my Memories...

arriving on site at 2 and guests already arriving for the
event and we not having enough people on site to set up
the tents...

Seeing Ives Devereaux and his lady come back to one of
our events after a many year hiatus...

Seeing Saron and Gwenneth....

Having one of my newcommers jump in and help, and impressed
Lady Beatrice enough that she gave her a gorget.

The undying service of Isabeau and Katrine to the Barony
in many capacities...all day long.

The help of HL Gwynn the Lizard Keeper, Mistress Jalali,
Sir Kief, Lady Jane, Lady Isabeau, Lady Katrine, Lord
Niklas, and Twin Cedars by preparing food for the "Hat Lunch"
and helping with set up...

No cars in Swein camp!!!!!

The beauty of the horses in their barding

The large number of people, mostly from the Loch and Bryn Gwlad
(including Master Tivar and H.L. Duncan) who helped us set up
our feast tables...

The fantastic feast....

The History presentation...Ramage, Kief, Chrystal, DSD and Niklas'
words of remembrance, and love for our Barony.

Yoshi's leaving

Watching the faces on our new Lord and Lady when
they got their awards...the Hornswaggled Lord Balda
and the Deer in the Headlights Lady Isabeau

Lady Alyson's well deserved Crane

Dolphin's wimpering like a puppy as he walked back to camp
after receiving his Crane

Trying to figure out how to get Brion du Valle to accept
Yoshi's Star of Merit and the King recognizing that Brion
was wearing the same shoes as Yoshi

My Grandmother Janais l' ofevere (Lady Jan of the Amazons)
get her Court Barony

Kibitizing with the Flaming Ducks

Dancing in Sigurdland

Kief finally released from Bardic...though he said
he really enjoyed it and the quality was beyond par.

Figuring out with those that were left to clean up...
that to take our tents down in 4 teams of three
all of us preping the tents

one set taking the stakes out and untying the ropes

the next folding the halves to the point that
they could be wrapped

the last wrapping the "Big Green Burrito of Love"
(hey...I had to amuse myself some how... there
was lots of clean up work to do and few of us left to
do it)

then all of us left pitching in putting all the pieces
parts in the trailer....

Tiny and Nicolette stopping by and picking up most
of the kitchen trash after policing most of the
rest of the site ( and picking up the sacks that
people left in their camps)

Lorraine