RF - Re: Defender of the Fort

midnightk midnightk at htcomp.net
Tue Sep 14 12:54:23 PDT 1999

Greetings to one and all in Raven's Fort:

   I would like to send you all my best wishes to having a wonderful event!
I have been keeping up with the posts on the progress you have been making
as the date comes closer and closer and reading them has brought me several
fond memories of events and work weekends past. I can honestly say that they
are all rather fond memories. Paul, It looks like you and Lorraine have
taken things well in hand and it seems you have the whole Fort Rallying to
the cause of putting on the best Defender of the Fort yet.
My only regrets are  A) that I am no longer in the area to help participate
in the preperations and   B) that I will be unable to attend due to recent
emergency surgery.  work had made it impossible to attend first and now
recovery has given me the time off , but pain is a great preventative. I
hope that after the event you will continue to post to the list all the
grand and funny details of the event that I will unfortunately have to miss.
I would also like to take this time and public forum to convey that due to
recent change of life events for me I have done some serious soul searching
and have realized that for some of the members of my home barony, my exit
was not a really smooth one and I really hope that my actions and endeavors
in the future will help to make up for any of my past transgressions, I
believe that those people whom I refer to will have a large Idea to what I'm
talking about.. My life has taken a new beginning and I hope that it will
include being able to make amends and fresh starts with all of my past
failings and sucesses, I am reaching toward the future and putting the past
behind me and would very much like to bury the old and start a fresh with
the new.  I have always considered my true home Ravens Fort, and it makes my
heart very happy to see the same commraderie making it's way back into the
hearts and lives of the peopel who dwell there once again.. It only makes me
a little sad that I can not be a part of this wonderful event.  I also wish
to convey that although my physical adress no longer lies in the land of the
Raven that my heart will always be there and I only hope that if you ever
have need of my services in the future you will feel free to call upon me
and I will help in what ever capacity I can.

firmly believing that home is where the heart is

Lady Annora Dagmar Hoffstadtler
Patty Huffstetler

Please feel free to post publically or if you wish privately @
Midnightk at htcomp.net