RF - Thank you all

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 29 22:22:48 PST 2000

>From the Autocrat of Black, White and Sort of Gray  X

Many thanks to all of you that worked so hard for this event.  The
consistent push forward on the work days left the site completely ready,
which meant an easy set-up on the day of the event.  There was just no
standing around.  Baron Kief pointed out that if we had one work weekend
a month of the like, we would have a truly incredible site.  Thanks to
the gentles that drove from the Shadowlands over and over again.  Those
of you that let me call on you at the last second eased the time
restraints to a controllable pace.  Those of you that sacrificed so many
hours of your time at the event made it run smoothly.  The generosity of
all you that donated prizes  created memories for the winners of our
contest.  Even guilds from our good neighbors to the
south made contributions that the event would not have been the same
without.  Some names that I must mention are Lord Brian du Val, Sir
Kief, Gwynn and Zorc of Lizard Keep, Lord Cedric, Lord Segird, Lord
Hunaric, the Stargate Equestrian and Dance Guilds and the Barony of
Raven's Fort as a whole.  All the strange ideas for art work, parties,
competitions, feast and a host of other things has brought to life the
dream of a Mardi Gras event that I have had for over ten years.  I
really can not  thank you enough.  You will all be in my thoughts when
I'm walking the streets of New Orleans next week.

The last thing I will ask you to do for this event is to utilize the
research that I have done and read the review that was printed in the
Quoth.  It is long, but we are a research organization so it is what we
are all about.  I have attended Carnival in Louisiana all my life and
Baroness Gwynn the Lizard Keeper is from France itself, but we were both
surprised by some of the bizarre customs of our ancestors.

Anyway Thank you again and enjoy the review.

Pax,        Marius