RF - A story with a moral

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 11:59:33 PDT 2000

Greetings,

Someone emailed the following to me and I think that it is specifically
appropriate and period for the SCA.  It's short.  I hope you enjoy it.
Grin.

Pax,      Marius

There was an old man, a boy and a donkey.

They were going to town and it was decided that the boy should ride.
As
they went along they passed some people who thought that it was a
shame for
the boy to ride and the old man to walk.

The man and boy decided that maybe the critics were right so they
changed
positions.  Later, they passed some more people who thought that it
was a
real shame for that man to make such a small boy walk.

The two decided that maybe they both should walk.  Soon they passed
some
more people who thought that it was stupid to walk when they had a
donkey
ride.

The man and the boy decided maybe the critics were right so they
decided
that they both should ride. They soon passed other people who thought
that
it was a shame to put such a load on a poor little animal.

The old man and the boy decided that maybe the critics were right so
they
decided to carry the donkey.  As they crossed a bridge they lost
their
grip
on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story is:

  If you try to please everyone, you'll eventually lose your ass.