RF - Events in Raven's Fort

Olivia G. Rodriguez ladyoliviar at lycos.com
Mon Oct 2 11:20:01 PDT 2000

Hail to Raven's Fort and her children,

As it sometimes takes weeks for me to check this mailbox, there are, at times, great things to read.

I send a huge Hazzah! to Marius for this missive.  I started in RF 5 years ago and of all of the event locations in our Kingdom that I've attended, it's home.  It's where I affiliate myself despite the fact that I now live in Bry Gwylad.  Raven's Fort is home.  It always will be no matter where I may find myself in this life's travels. The people of RF are, as Marius says, diverse, friendly, caring, open-minded (for the most part, 99% of the time) and, to me and my children, family.

Sorry for taking up space but I had to send a cheer for this "horn blowing"...it's well deserved as far as I'm concerned.

I love my family in The Dream.

Olivia
---
Carpe Diem Ex Illo Vitae Opprime!

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:22:07
 AMH/DBLJ wrote:
>A personal opinion about Raven's Fort and her events.
>
>I think the functional word for Raven's Fort is "diversity".  For what
>ever reason, the people here have never really fallen into the typical,
>"everyone stay in line" and do things "just one way" state of mind.  It
>is one of the things that people from other parts of the Kingdom, nay,
>the Known World love about this area.  Some so much so that they take
>"of Raven's Fort" as part of their name when they have never even live
>close to our boarders.
>
>A byproduct of this state of mind is a willingness to try new things.
>If someone has a "never been tried before" idea, we tend to let them
>"run with the ball" as long as it doesn't cost too much (and sometimes
>even then) or kill something (and sometimes even then).  It's a
>beautiful thing.  When it works, we have produced some amazing results.
>Unforgettable.  Vivat us !!!
>
>When traveling outside of this country it is easy to be proud to be from
>the United States and a whole other special thing to be from Texas.
>Well, not only are we from Ansteorra, but we are also from Raven's
>Fort.  I realize that I am blowing our horn a little too loud here and
>that is in bad taste and that pride is supposedly a sin, but I have a
>point to make.  We are unique and we are diverse.
>
>Even though we have never tried pulling most of the the activities at an
>event into a very small area, I'm sure with the help and understanding
>of the great individuals we have here, we will succeed in a safe,
>entertaining manner.  Even though not every one in the Barony is
>receiving the information needed from populace and officers meetings, I
>am sure we will work out the problem because not only are we diverse,
>but we try to meet the needs of anyone that that asks for help.  Our
>officers and populace are very devoted.
>
>In the next few months Segrid and I will be breaking new ground as far
>as the way an event is presented at our site.  We will need the ideas
>and insight of everyone in the Barony.  There is plenty of room around
>the tavern / garden and my campsite.  Only one couple has camped near me
>in the "back forty" for quite a while.  (Hopefully there won't be a huge
>influx at the only event between now and then) I plan on vacating my
>campsite to utilize the area and I dare say that even though I have not
>asked yet, my good friends in the Lizard Keep campsite will probably be
>willing to do the same.  I do not see any reason that most of the
>activities (including fighting) at "A Day in the Garden" should not be
>held in or around one consolidated area.
>
>Again, I am counting on the resourcefulness of the populace to side step
>any obstacles and slip yet another raven's feather in our cap.  Thank
>you ahead of time for your time and effort.
>
>Pax,
>Marius

Get your FREE Email and Voicemail at Lycos Communications at
http://comm.lycos.com