RF - October Minutes

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 14 11:23:16 PDT 2000

First of all many, many thanks to Lady Hrafnhildr for her time and effort in
keeping the "redheaded step-children" in the Barony informed.  She has a very
noble attitude.

What will be found below are my questions, comments and corrections that I
would have expressed had I been allowed to participate in the actual meeting.

(A) I have a rug that may be used at the "Early Spring Event".  Is there a name
for this event ??  Is my name on the feast reservation list ??

(B) The Unofficial Raven's Fort Yule Revel will take place on Sat. 16th and Sun
17th of December.  (It is my understanding that another official event to take
place in the Hill Country will be announced in the Blackstar next month for the
same weekend.)  There is some crash space in the house and some space outside
for tents.  We will probably need one short workday for moving fire wood and
general clean up.

As far as the gift exchange goes...  I thought that as co-autocrating I would
take the opportunity to try and reinstate Rolling Bones for Treasures since
it's been so long since we've played it.  If most people want a Mongolian Gift
Exchange I will be glad to go along with that as well.  Let me know what you
think.  Either way, I can't see having two exchanges.

(C) If the Barony would like, I will check with Martin to see if the Art
Building will still be available to us.  I have no doubt that it will.  It is
my understanding that by the New Year we will have a new Seneschal so I guess
the final decision will be hers / his to make.

(D) May I make the suggestion that at least one fighter practice a month be
held in The Woodlands as Gates Edge is holding weekly practice there now.  If
we want to keep our southern zip codes, we best not ignore them much longer.

(E) Question : When is the first meeting of the Site Improvement Committee ??

(F) Question : What are the places, dates and times for the Knife-making and
Garb-making classes ??

Any feed back from anyone will make me feel that I am still part of this
Barony.

Pax,
Marius