RF - October Minutes

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:13:54 PDT 2000

AMH/DBLJ wrote:

> (A) I have a rug that may be used at the "Early Spring Event".  Is there a name
> for this event ??  Is my name on the feast reservation list ??

There is a name "Bastille de Corbeaux" er somthing.  Ask Hraffna about feast.  I
got a rug too.

> (B) The Unofficial Raven's Fort Yule Revel will take place on Sat. 16th and Sun
> 17th of December.  (It is my understanding that another official event to take
> place in the Hill Country will be announced in the Blackstar next month for the
> same weekend.)  There is some crash space in the house and some space outside
> for tents.  We will probably need one short workday for moving fire wood and
> general clean up.

Charlotte wants to work on the "Long-house" feel for the place with banners and
whatever we can find.  Mebbe best to speak with her.  Also need to coordinate the
"whose bringing what to eat" side of things.

> As far as the gift exchange goes...  I thought that as co-autocrating I would
> take the opportunity to try and reinstate Rolling Bones for Treasures since
> it's been so long since we've played it.  If most people want a Mongolian Gift
> Exchange I will be glad to go along with that as well.  Let me know what you
> think.  Either way, I can't see having two exchanges.

Personally, I like your idea.  The Chino-Mongol-Albino Pachydermy gift exchange has
been going on for 4-5 years now and I'm a bit bored with it, but really it's not my
place to call it and there has already been some talk in that direction.

> (C) If the Barony would like, I will check with Martin to see if the Art
> Building will still be available to us.  I have no doubt that it will.  It is
> my understanding that by the New Year we will have a new Seneschal so I guess
> the final decision will be hers / his to make.

Aye, it would be good to have a back-up.  I'm also hoping we can mebbe reserve the
upstairs room at the brew pub.  Busa is checking if this is even an option.  They
have a deli now, so hey we got beer, we got food all we need is belly dancers.

> (D) May I make the suggestion that at least one fighter practice a month be
> held in The Woodlands as Gates Edge is holding weekly practice there now.  If
> we want to keep our southern zip codes, we best not ignore them much longer.

Until January, I don't think we can even entertain the idea.  Although I fully
support your suggestion.  We've got several "fighter practice" items on the table
and a committee looking into it.

> (E) Question : When is the first meeting of the Site Improvement Committee ??

er....beats me.

> (F) Question : What are the places, dates and times for the Knife-making and
> Garb-making classes ??

I think you got a response on this one already and I don't have the dates handy, so
Imagonna keep trap shut.

> Any feed back from anyone will make me feel that I am still part of this
> Barony.

Would it help if we renamed I-45 in your honor?

> Pax,
> Marius

Irene vobiscum,
DsD