RF - Events in Raven's Fort

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 28 16:22:07 PDT 2000

A personal opinion about Raven's Fort and her events.

I think the functional word for Raven's Fort is "diversity".  For what
ever reason, the people here have never really fallen into the typical,
"everyone stay in line" and do things "just one way" state of mind.  It
is one of the things that people from other parts of the Kingdom, nay,
the Known World love about this area.  Some so much so that they take
"of Raven's Fort" as part of their name when they have never even live
close to our boarders.

A byproduct of this state of mind is a willingness to try new things.
If someone has a "never been tried before" idea, we tend to let them
"run with the ball" as long as it doesn't cost too much (and sometimes
even then) or kill something (and sometimes even then).  It's a
beautiful thing.  When it works, we have produced some amazing results.
Unforgettable.  Vivat us !!!

When traveling outside of this country it is easy to be proud to be from
the United States and a whole other special thing to be from Texas.
Well, not only are we from Ansteorra, but we are also from Raven's
Fort.  I realize that I am blowing our horn a little too loud here and
that is in bad taste and that pride is supposedly a sin, but I have a
point to make.  We are unique and we are diverse.

Even though we have never tried pulling most of the the activities at an
event into a very small area, I'm sure with the help and understanding
of the great individuals we have here, we will succeed in a safe,
entertaining manner.  Even though not every one in the Barony is
receiving the information needed from populace and officers meetings, I
am sure we will work out the problem because not only are we diverse,
but we try to meet the needs of anyone that that asks for help.  Our
officers and populace are very devoted.

In the next few months Segrid and I will be breaking new ground as far
as the way an event is presented at our site.  We will need the ideas
and insight of everyone in the Barony.  There is plenty of room around
the tavern / garden and my campsite.  Only one couple has camped near me
in the "back forty" for quite a while.  (Hopefully there won't be a huge
influx at the only event between now and then) I plan on vacating my
campsite to utilize the area and I dare say that even though I have not
asked yet, my good friends in the Lizard Keep campsite will probably be
willing to do the same.  I do not see any reason that most of the
activities (including fighting) at "A Day in the Garden" should not be
held in or around one consolidated area.

Again, I am counting on the resourcefulness of the populace to side step
any obstacles and slip yet another raven's feather in our cap.  Thank
you ahead of time for your time and effort.

Pax,
Marius