RF - re: tavern & water and populace

charlotte epps lizardkeep at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:39:44 PDT 2000

Greetings!
I feel that I must put my two cents' worth in.
We have only two hours a month to meet as a populace officially.  Not much
can be discussed in that amount of time.  A lot of people in this group have
widely different work schedules, some work from 8am to 5pm (the lucky ones)
others have to deal with the night shift( a lot of us, consider all the TDC
employees, nurses etc).  This is the reason why the hours of 7pm to 9pm
where chosen.  so we all have to work within those constraints and try to do
the best we can with it.
Now, I have a big problem with people who complain that they are "kept in
the dark".  NO ONE is kept in the dark.  If you are unable to attend a
populace meeting many other ways of information are there for the benefit of
the populace.  First and foremost we have a NEWSLETTER.  There is a lot of
good information there, actually just about everything that happens
everymonth.  It also lists all the officers' addresses and phone numbers
should anyone need more information.  That is your FIRST step.  So subscribe
to the bloody thing already!  It's only $12 a year!!!  Less than your
average site and feast fee!  And that's not counting the gaz cost etc...
Your second step, or option is to try to attend the officer's meeting.  All
are welcome to this meeting.  Then, if you haven't been able to attend
either of the meetings and still are not subscribed to the Quoth you can
ask.  That's right!  It's as simple as that!  Just ask a fellow House
member,  or call a friend who attended the last populace, or discuss it on
the RF net or how about just asking the seneschal???  That's what is he is
there for.
If you really care you can get all and any of the information there is.  But
nothing is or ever will be served on a silver platter.  Not in this game or
any other.
So there.  Time for me to get off the soap box.
Gwynn the Lizardkeeper