RF - re: tavern & water and populace

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 29 21:41:25 PDT 2000

As I understand it, our Chronicler has been begging the officers to summit
their reports to underwhelming response.  I know when I was Seneschal I even
gave each officer stamped envelopes to mail their reports in.  Guess what
happened...  Then, as now, it was like pulling teeth.  Then, as now the minuets
of the meeting were not recounted in the newsletter so the information that
came from non officers was lost if you were not one of the "lucky ones" able to
make the meetings.  From what you have suggested, since I am not a member of a
household, I should plan on calling people in the Barony to try to find someone
that was paying attention 100 % of the time and can remember everything that
happened on Thursday night.  Or everyone in the Barony that was not able to
make the meeting should tie up the Seneschal's phone for a few days. Or yours.

I am not looking for anything on a "silver platter".  I work hard for this
Barony and don't feel it is too much to ask to be kept informed.  The truth of
the matter is that if you live in southern part of the Barony and don't live in
Huntsville there is little to no effort to keep you up to date.  Just ask
anyone that lives down here.

See if you remember living out this conversation two or three or more times.  I
do.
Ring !  Ring !
Gwynn - "Hello."
Marius - "Hey, how y'all doin' ? ...bs... bs...bs..."
Gwynn - "...bs... bs...bs... Oh, by the way, there is a ( insert party or
special activity here ) for ( insert person or workshop here ) in about an hour
and a half."
Marius - "Really ?"
Gwynn - "Yea, you think you can you make it ?"
Marius - "No, I can't.  If I had known about it sooner I could have arranged
things..."

I found out about the recent meeting you and Zorc attended at Charlie's by
accident only a day or two before it happened.  I have been very active in that
area of study and would have loved to have made it, but guess what ???   Let's
say it all together now... I didn't have enough time to rearrange my schedule.
Tough luck for me.  I don't believe that we in the south are purposely snubbed,
it's just that if we don't live in the Huntsville neighborhood, we don't even
cross your minds.  How many times have I begged someone, anyone to post things
on this Raven's Fort sounding board ???  I'm sure people are getting sick of
it.  I know I am.

>From the other post that I've seen the last couple of days it sounds like steps
are being made to relieve the ignorance that has been thrust upon us.  I loudly
applaud the efforts of these individuals.  We have a Seneschal that is
addressing the problem.  I loudly applaud him as well.  I will say however that
I feel that some of the problem would be eliminated if we went back to having
the officers give their reports first to allow those of us that work all day
and then drive a hundred miles round trip to attend the meeting a chance to
arrive.  I don't care what they do in other places in the Kingdom.  It is
frustrating to drive such a long way and miss the meat and potatoes of the
important business.  It's not a fair way of doing thing in my opinion.

On a freaking "silver platter".  Give me a freaking break.

Pax,
Marius