RF - Fighter Practice...Was Candy Cane

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Fri Apr 13 08:36:18 PDT 2001

Hi All,

I commissioned a committee late last year to look into the needs of Fighter
Practice.

We seem to have had a hard time recently in getting attendance to fighter
practice.

There were a few folks, last year, traveling with the Crown, but not the
whole Barony. Usually only Sir Keif, Mistress Lorraine, Kezia and Myself
were with the Crown. There were a few others at various times also, but
again, not the whole Barony.

Now, before anyone fires off the flame missiles........

Yes, we are ALL very busy with a wide range of commitments.

I for one have (and this is a good thing) been very busy with my job. As a
sales engineer, that is how I make my money, meeting and selling stuff.

Others have school, job, kids, personal life, whatever. That is MORE than
understood.

However, we still need to look at the issue of fighter practice and its
needs and attendance.

There appears to have been a recent conflict in the printed sked and what
has been verbally stated concerning last weeks practice at Candy Cane Park.

Thus, we had 2 folks (including our Baron) waiting for a fight at the
Gazebo and others at Candy Cane Park in Conroe.

So, I will offer this opinion to begin a on-line discussion on this subject.

Lets keep the ensuing discussion clean and all in a constructive vein.
Offer advice that is reasonable and do able, given the past history of the
problem and one that will solve the problem without making it more complicated.

To make the issue simple, it would be best (IMHO) to choose a single spot
for the "Official Barony of Ravens Fort Fighter Practice". May this be at
the Gazebo or Candy cane Park or even the Woodlands park that some have used.

The "Official" practice would be the same place, same time, every time.

Then encourage the use of private practice's to supplement for those that
can not make the official time or that want more.

There has been much discussion on having it at night. Using lights at the
Gazebo, and other locations. These are possible options.

This series of discussions will also feed info to the committee for them to
report back to the populace.

Any questions can be directed to me or the committee or posted in general
to the list.

Let the discussion begin............

In Service,

HL Niklas
Seneschal

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism