RF - fighter practice

Jeremy Meaux j_meaux at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 20:02:57 PDT 2001

greetings,

well, i have seen many thoughts and comments on
fighter practice and i need to express mine so that
every one can see them.
1st, there are only a handfull of fighters in this
barony, sir kief, HE brian, HE dsd, lords cahail,
william, kris(still fairly new to fighting, myself
(jean-michel) and Lady Hrafna are the only ones that
attend fighting on the heavy side with regularity. HE
chrystal, Don Zorkon, cahail and hrafna occasionally
fighting on the light side.  That is only ten fighters
that attend practice on a somewhat regular schedule.
This is augmented by about ten more supporters.

2nd, how many of these hail from the conroe area, two,
that is william and cahail.These both attend practice
in huntsville. So does having a practice in the conroe
area warrant the attention. I think that it is not a
good idea, the scheduled candy cane park practice has
changed twice that i know of, even when attended is
usually smaller than the huntsville practice. I think
that we should boost attendence at our "main" practice
and try to do demo's in that area to encourage
interest. These are usually more organized and people
respond better when we have an activity taking place.
Such as a mini-tourney.

3rd, So can we try and organize a mini-tourney in the
conroe area once a quarter to encourage attendance and
do a small demo for recruitment purposes.

These are just my thoughts but they do have a sound
reasoning behind them. Any comments are welcome but
all those that have commented seem to support the
ideas that i have expressed.

i am
jean-michel