RF - fighter practice

Peer2 Peer2 at email.msn.com
Sun Apr 15 01:31:45 PDT 2001

As I recall, the Conroe practice was due to the (at that time) large numbers
of fighters in the immediate area, and promote the SCA in an area with
little previous expoosure. With some of the fighters gone and others laden
with mundane responsibilities, that need has become obsolete. As for the
recruitment . . . well, have we drawn in any new folks because of the Conroe
practice? I don't know of any off hand, but I'm behind in the news there. I
have seen lots of people stop by to ask questions, but that's about it as
far as I know.

Now that I think on it, the Conroe practices started getting thin when the
"novelty" started to wear off. Yet we still have a somewhat large number of
people in that area who are non-fighters. Perhaps the mini-tourney idea
would be the best way to keep promoting the SCA and give a non-fighting
alternative at the same time.

Hmmm . . . I think I have changed my vote. I'll agree with Jean-Michel and
Niklas on this point. The Conroe practices should be cancelled (or at least
replaced).

-- Cedric Aeschere Einarsson
Peer2 at msn.com