RF - Some damage control might be needed . . .

Peer2 Peer2 at email.msn.com
Tue Apr 17 03:59:25 PDT 2001

HOWDY, NIKLAS!!! IT'S CEDRIC!!!

Um, I've been talking to a few people here and there who have seen the
recent RF List postings, and I think we might have an in-house PR problem
brewing. And not in a way you'd expect. I sure didn't expect it.

Surprisingly, the reactions to the recent temper tantrums by a
"shall-be-unnamed-trio" in the Barony have generally been glossed over. It
seems that (although it's frowned on) few are taking it seriously. In this
respect, I think we got lucky and dodged a bullet.

Even more surprisingly, the reactions have been more disturbed over the
fighter practice discussion. While most see the debate as a good way to
decide the issue, every last one of the people I've talked to has reacted
the same way on the same point . . .

"Committee? You have a fighter practice 'committee'? What's wrong with you
people?"

Sadly, I have been unable to answer this to any satisfaction. To put it
another way, we are having a great day of fishing, but the boat is beginning
to smell funny.

I think we need to finish up the practice business very soon. It looks like
we are making great headway and are almost ready for a final decision, but
the sooner we wrap that up "For Good", the better off we'll be.

-- Cedric Aeschere Einarsson
Peer2 at msn.com

"We are all the centers of our own realities,
and much like the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop,
everyone wants to take a bite out of it."