RF - in persona on Ravensfort

Peer2 Peer2 at email.msn.com
Tue Apr 24 17:35:52 PDT 2001

Great idea! I love stuff like that!

Having played around in several forums and chatrooms with this kind of
concept, I'd like to recommend something. Most places distinguish between
"In-Character" and "Out-Of-Character" posts to prevent any confusion on the
part of the reader. While I doubt there would be much of that here, I would
advise that the initials "IP" (in-persona) be used either in the subject
title or at the beginning of the post. Like I said, I doubt there would be
much confusion over it, but you never can tell.

Here's an example of what I mean . . .

= = = = =

[Subject] : A Strange Thing Happened on the Way to Oslo (IP Only)

I swear it by Tyr's hand! I never saw those rocks! How was I to know the
fjord was only eight hands deep right there? It's not as if I'd ever been
there before! And it was the watchman's job to look for them, not mine! I
was only awake to . . . um . . . water the dragon! If the Hersir thinks that
I'm going to pay for a new longship out of my own shares, then he's been
staring at the snow too long! Besides, it could probably be recovered
without much trouble. I'm certain not all of it was swept out to sea, only
the part that Ori was clinging to. Simple fellow never did have much luck.

= = = = =

Simple, eh? And if the IP isn't in the Subject or opening line, then it
would be assumed to be a routine non-persona post.

Anyway, that's my thought on it. Bye now.

-- Ld. Cedric Aeschere Einarsson
Peer2 at msn.com