[Ravensfort] Serious response...was...bla! bla! bla!

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 02:15:46 PDT 2001

Heilsa to all peaceful and non-insulting Raven's Fort folk...and Mr. Doug
LeJeune.

You did post these words:

*************************
>From: AMH/DBLJ <orthart at earthlink.net>
>To: <Ravensfort at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Ravensfort] bla! bla! bla!
>Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:57:34 -0500
>

>Pax all good and true folk in Raven's Fort...and any others that read
>these words.

>I have replied to Mr. Kief via private post. Though the ten days of only
>positive post that was called for are well past I will not disturb the
>peace.  If anyone has reason to view my reply I will send you a copy.
>Any and all can contact me at: orthart at earthlink.net.
>
>Or you can request of Mr. Kief a sending of his copy. His e-mail address
>is:   sirkief at hotmail.com
****************************

You, sir, are certainly trying to bait me into another "flame war". You
state that you "will not disturb the peace". The words and tone of your
letter belie your hollow pronouncements.  Given the adversarial and factious
nature of all your dis-information and propaganda your latest jibes do not
suprise me in the least.

Mr. LeJeune, these letters are *not* a joke. You can address me either as
Mr. Cockerham or as Sir Kief, you have abrogated your right to address me in
any other manner. You have publically accused me of various types of
malfeasance and misconduct. Yet you have never given any sort of proof to
your accusations. I have not accused you of any misdeeds at all when I
certainly could have. You have publically dragged my good name through the
mud. You have insinuated both publically and privately that members of my
family are less than honorable and worse. If any are wondering here exactly
who I consider "my family" they are Jane Cockerham, Lorraine Yackey, and
Kristopher Bills. Your snide asides are but noise in my ears, Mr. LeJeune.
I, at least, am open and above board in my relationships with my loved ones.

You did indeed post to me, and others, a private reply to the letter I sent
to you, and others, in private. In your reply you still did not answer any
of my questions nor clarify any of your statements about your continued
participation in "Raven's Fort activities" in light of your avowed "extended
vacation" from said "activities". Per your request your reply will not be
posted in a public forum. Per your permission, any that ask to read your
response I will send a copy. The letter that you replied to in this case was
a response to one of your last public posts. I did not *publically* respond
at the request of the Baron and Baronness of Raven's Fort per their call for
a "peaceful list". I did, however, reserve the right to publically post my
answer to your accusations and the call for my "removal" as site agent. I
will post said letter in this public forum in the next few days. Your
private response was certainly inadequate. Since your reply to my letter was
private, my reply to it shall be private as well. As per your permission to
disseminate your private reply; any individuals that request your post to me
shall also receive my private response.

You, sir, are a rabble rouser and malicious slinger of mud. You use pure
emotional content aimed at provoking responses all out of proportion to the
situation. You have catagorically refused to give out facts, hard data,
names of alleged complaintants, nor offered any sort of proof as to your
accusations. You may have noticed, if you did not "delete all SCA related
letters", that I have responded well and truly to those people that have
proven me in error or mistaken. To those that have "cleared the air" I have
given my thanks and apologies for any offense nor do I hold them any ill
will. All you have done is offered offense and cast aspersions. Your methods
are quite transparent and your goal is discord. I oppose you sir, as well as
any others of your ilk, and will continue to work for Baronial unity in the
face of your attempts to sow chaos and distrust.

You have called me a "damnable bully" for my strong stance on many issues.
So be it. I have discovered that to "knuckle under" to your sort of tactics
just reinforces the idea that, "if one casts enough unfounded aspersions and
rumors long enough they become fact". I will not allow that to happen. If
you can prove me wrong, sir, then do so.

I call on you to publically retract your accusations in the face of your
lack of any proof. I call on you to publically apologize for your insults to
myself and my family.

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ to Raven's Fort and Ansteorra...!
Sir Kief "the damnable bully" of Raven's Fort
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."