[Ravensfort] To Sir Keif & Lord Marius....

David Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Sun Aug 12 17:30:52 PDT 2001

I have asked that you BOTH take this off line.

This list was created and is sponsored by the Kingdom of Ansteorra as a
forum for FURTHERING the business of the Barony of Raven's Fort.  Free
speech exists only within the context of mutually shared content and the
bounds to which I, as list moderator, deem appropriate.  Use of this list as
a public forum in a personal quarrel is not appropriate.

I don't care who is right or who is wrong here, who attacked who, who has
been honorable or who has been a cheap shot, furthermore, I will not be
coerced into choosing a side by monitoring one over the other.  You both are
guilty, you both are perpetuating the argument, and you both will cease to
do so on this list.

There is nothing within my alphabet of authority as Baron of Raven's Fort,
representative of the Crown, or Officer at Large within the Society for
Creative Anachronism that can compel peace amongst you.  In an organization
built on honor and dreams, that's a darn shame. However, I do have the
power, authority, and duty to moderate the activity on this list, on behalf
of all who are subscribed here, and in the manner to which I alone see fit.

I do not wish to monitor or expel anyone from this list.  Please take your
quarrel to a private forum where at least some chance of personal
interaction might mitigate the hostility you both have generated between
each other here... like, duh, a telephone.

DSD, Raven's Fort